December 2016 AELE case notes and publications alert
You are welcome to share this information; please encourage your colleagues to sign up for periodic mailings here. We don’t insert commercial messages or sell your e-addresses.
• AELE is an extraordinary and unique resource, with free publications and online back issues since 2000. AELE has a library of more than 35,000 case digests organized into 700 + indexed topics. There are no advertisements, tracking “cookies” or popups on our website. Users do not have to preregister and there is no time limit on research sessions. Contents of our online law library may be copied & pasted, saved or printed (except for commercial purposes).
1. New AELE Monthly Law Journal article:
Prisoners and Foreign Language Mail. View here.
2. The December 2016 issues of AELE's three periodicals have been uploaded.
The current issues, back issues since 2000, case digests since 1975 are FREE. Everyone is welcome to read, print or download AELE publications without charge. The main menu is at: http://www.aele.org/law
*** Law Enforcement Liability Reporter ***
This issue has cases on assault and battery, Electronic Control Weapons, failure to disclose evidence,
firearms related, malicious prosecution, property, and search and seizure of homes and vehicles. View here.
*** Fire, Police & Corrections Personnel Reporter ***
This issue has cases on Fair Labor Standards Act Overtime, firearms, First Amendment, handicap/abilities discrimination,
race discrimination, retirement benefits, sex discrimination, and veterans' rights. View here.
*** Jail and Prisoner Law Bulletin ***
This issue has cases on mail, marriage/procreation, medical care, prisoner assault by officers, public protection, religion, and sex offenders. View here.
3. AELE's next seminar is on Jail and Prisoner Legal Issues. Join us in Las Vegas on January 9-12.
More info at http://www.aele.org/menu-jail.html
The rumors of the death of prisoner litigation have been greatly exaggerated! This 4-day program comprehensively covers all aspects of prisoner litigation including
application of the Prison Litigation Reform Act, grievance procedures, medical care, discipline, use of force, classification, in-custody deaths, failure to protect,
searches, mail, and conditions of confinement.
It is followed
by AELE's seminar on Use of Force. Join us in Las Vegas on April 3-6,
2017. More info at http://www.aele.org/menu-lethal.html
Use of Force by law enforcement and correctional personnel is in the news every day. This comprehensive 4-day program covers all major aspects of use of force. It includes the use of lethal and non-lethal force; investigation and adjudication of use of fore incidents and complaints of excessive force. It also includes psychological and bio-mechanical aspects of the use of force.
4. Selected criminal law and procedure cases are at three other free websites.
AELE has four menus for the more than 35,000 case summaries, divided into 700 + topics.
1. Law enforcement civil liability at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/civilmenu.html
2. Employment law and discipline at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/emplmenu.html
3. Jail and prisoner legal issues at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/jailmenu.html
4. Electronic control weapons case summaries at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/ECWcases.html
View or print our guide: How to Navigate AELE’s Online Law Libraries.
AELE uses a professional mail service, to maintain our e-mail lists. AELE will not rent or disclose your e-mail address to commercial vendors. E-mails from AELE are sent by firstname.lastname@example.org in plain text, and do not have attached files or contain advertising. Sign up for our monthly e-mail alerts (or unsubscribe) at http://www.aele.org/e-signup.html Encourage your colleagues to do so.