June 2016 AELE case notes and publications alert
You are welcome to share this information; please encourage your colleagues to sign up for periodic mailings here. We don’t insert commercial messages or sell your e-addresses.
• AELE is an extraordinary and unique resource, with free publications and online back issues since 2000. AELE has a searchable library of more than 35,000 case digests organized into 700 + indexed topics. There are no advertisements, tracking “cookies” or popups on our website. Users do not have to preregister and there is no time limit on research sessions. Contents of our online law library may be copied & pasted, saved or printed (except for commercial purposes).
1. New IACP article, Graham v. Connor - Is Objective Reasonableness Good Enough?
2.. New AELE Monthly Law Journal article:The "Three Strikes" Rule In Prisoner Civil Rights Litigation View here.
3 The June 2016 issues of AELE's three periodicals have been uploaded.
The current issues, back issues since 2000, case digests since 1975, and a search engine are FREE. Everyone is welcome to read, print or download AELE publications without charge. The main menu is at: http://www.aele.org/law
*** Law Enforcement Liability Reporter ***
This issue has cases on dogs, expert witnesses, false arrest, firearms related, First Amendment, property, sexual assault, and videotaping. View here.
Fire, Police & Corrections Personnel Reporter ***
This issue has cases on. First Amendment, handicap discrimination, medical tests, political activity, retirement benefits, sex discrimination, sexual harassment, veterans preference, and whistleblower protection. View here.
*** Jail and Prisoner Law Bulletin ***
This issue has cases on on age discrimination, diet, medical care, prisoner assault by inmate, prisoner discipline, public protection and retaliation. View here.
5. Selected criminal law and procedure cases are at three other free websites.
AELE has a free search tool covering our database of more than 35,000 case summaries, since 1975. http://www.aele.org/htdig/common/search.html
We also have four menus for the more than 35,000 case summaries, divided into 700 + topics.
1. Law enforcement civil liability at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/civilmenu.html
2. Employment law and discipline at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/emplmenu.html
3. Jail and prisoner legal issues at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/jailmenu.html
4. Electronic control weapons case summaries at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/ECWcases.html
View or print our guide: How to Navigate AELE’s Online Law Libraries.
AELE uses a professional mail service, to maintain our e-mail lists. AELE will not rent or disclose your e-mail address to commercial vendors. E-mails from AELE are sent by firstname.lastname@example.org in plain text, and do not have attached files or contain advertising. Sign up for our monthly e-mail alerts (or unsubscribe) at http://www.aele.org/e-signup.html Encourage your colleagues to do so.