May 2016 AELE case notes and publications alert
You are welcome to share this information; please encourage your colleagues to sign up for periodic mailings here. We don’t insert commercial messages or sell your e-addresses.
• AELE is an extraordinary and unique resource, with free publications and online back issues since 2000. AELE has a searchable library of more than 35,000 case digests organized into 700 + indexed topics. There are no advertisements, tracking “cookies” or popups on our website. Users do not have to preregister and there is no time limit on research sessions. Contents of our online law library may be copied & pasted, saved or printed (except for commercial purposes).
1. New article, How Private Insurers Regulate Public Police (2016, 77 pp., 379 fn.)
It addresses kinetic impact projectiles, chemical irritants, water cannons, stun grenades, acoustic and directed energy weapons. View here
2. PERF Final Report, Guiding Principles On Use of Force
3. New AELE Monthly Law Journal article:
** $4 Million Liability for a Shooting Held Not Excessive Force - The Provocation Doctrine on Officer Shootings in the Ninth Federal Circuit. View here.
4 The May 2016 issues of AELE's three periodicals have been uploaded.
The current issues, back issues since 2000, case digests since 1975, and a search engine are FREE. Everyone is welcome to read, print or download AELE publications without charge. The main menu is at: http://www.aele.org/law
*** Law Enforcement Liability Reporter ***
This issue has cases on disability discrimination, dogs, ECWs, false arrest, federal tort claims act, firearms related, search and seizure. View here.
Fire, Police & Corrections Personnel Reporter ***
This issue has cases on. age discrimination, collective bargaining, FLSA, handicap discrimination, pensions and retirement. View here.
*** Jail and Prisoner Law Bulletin ***
This issue has cases on FOIA, foreign prisoners and immigrants, medical care, PLRA, assault by inmates, probation, public protection, retaliation and strip searches. View here.
5. Selected criminal law and procedure cases are at three other free websites.
AELE has a free search tool covering our database of more than 35,000 case summaries, since 1975. http://www.aele.org/htdig/common/search.html
We also have four menus for the more than 35,000 case summaries, divided into 700 + topics.
1. Law enforcement civil liability at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/civilmenu.html
2. Employment law and discipline at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/emplmenu.html
3. Jail and prisoner legal issues at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/jailmenu.html
4. Electronic control weapons case summaries at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/ECWcases.html
View or print our guide: How to Navigate AELE’s Online Law Libraries.
AELE uses a professional mail service, to maintain our e-mail lists. AELE will not rent or disclose your e-mail address to commercial vendors. E-mails from AELE are sent by email@example.com in plain text, and do not have attached files or contain advertising. Sign up for our monthly e-mail alerts (or unsubscribe) at http://www.aele.org/e-signup.html Encourage your colleagues to do so.