AELE June 2013 case notes and publications alert
You are welcome to share this information; please encourage your colleagues to sign up for periodic mailings here. We don’t insert commercial messages or sell your e-addresses.
• AELE is an extraordinary and unique resource, with free publications and online back issues since 2000. AELE has a searchable library of more than 33,000 case digests organized into 700 + indexed topics. There are no advertisements, tracking “cookies” or popups on our website. Users do not have to preregister and there is no time limit on research sessions. Contents of our online law library may be copied & pasted, saved or printed (except for commercial purposes).
1. Article: Responding to Calls with Suicidal Suspects: Practical Command and Psychological Considerations, 80 The Police Chief 32–35 (May 2013).
2. Miranda: Terrorism, Miranda, and Related Matters, Congressional Research Service Report (Apr. 2013).
3. New AELE law journal article:
It addresses acute psychotic episodes, delirium and other mental health issues.
4. The June, 2013 issues of AELE’s three periodicals have been uploaded.
The current issues, back issues since 2000, three 37-year case digests, and a search engine are FREE. Everyone is welcome to read, print or download AELE publications without charge. SOS: Share Our Stuff! The main menu is at: http://www.aele.org/law
*** Law Enforcement Liability Reporter ***
Ten cases are discussed in this issue, including electronic control weapons, false arrest, compressional asphyxia and search and seizure. View here.
*** Fire, Police & Corrections Personnel Reporter ***
Ten cases are discussed in this issue, including disciplinary punishment (domestic violence), drug abuse, health insurance, whistleblower protection and worker’s comp. View here.
*** Jail and Prisoner Law Bulletin ***
Ten cases are discussed in this issue, including forced feeding, mail, medical care, asphyxia, assault by inmate, prisoner discipline and segregation. View here.
5. Selected criminal law and procedure cases are at two other free websites.
AELE has a free search tool covering our database of more than 33,000 case summaries, since 1975.
We also have four menus for the more than 33,000 case summaries, divided into 700 + topics.
1. Law enforcement civil liability at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/civilmenu.html
2. Employment law and discipline at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/emplmenu.html
3. Jail and prisoner legal issues at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/jailmenu.html
4. Electronic control weapons case summaries at http://www.aele.org/law/Digests/ECWcases.html
View or print our guide: How to Navigate AELE’s Online Law Libraries.
AELE uses Databack Systems LLC, a professional mail service, to maintain our e-mail lists. AELE and Databack will not rent or disclose your e-mail address to commercial vendors. E-mails from AELE are sent by email@example.com in plain text, and do not have attached files or contain advertising. Sign up for our monthly e-mail alerts at http://www.aele.org/e-signup.html Encourage your colleagues to do so.